Grimaldi Law Offices provides strategic compliance advice and litigation defense relating to chemical and product laws, including California’s Proposition 65, California’s Green Chemistry Initiative and the Safer Consumer Products Regulations, and the federal Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA). A former partner at a large international law firm with 20 years of experience in chemical and product law, Grimaldi Law Offices founder Ann Grimaldi has the knowledge and practical approach that businesses need. The firm’s goal is to help clients comply with applicable laws, avoid regulatory problems, manage supply chains – and thrive.
The complex nature of chemical and product laws means that technical expertise often is required to develop the clearest picture of the issues and their resolution. Ms. Grimaldi works closely with scientific experts, as appropriate for each matter, to ensure that clients receive advice that is both legally sound and scientifically defensible.
Grimaldi Law Offices’ diverse practice extends to:
- Counseling clients on Proposition 65 compliance
- Defending clients and their products in Proposition 65 enforcement actions
- Advising clients on the requirements and ramifications of the Safer Consumer Products Regulations and the California Green Chemistry Initiative
- Counseling clients on TSCA compliance
- Counseling clients on the requirements of California’s Rigid Plastic Packaging Container Act, including advising on product scope and exemptions
- Counseling clients on the Hazard Communication Standards under the federal and California Occupational Health and Safety Acts, including implementation of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals in both of these jurisdictions
- Advising clients on regulatory trends affecting nanomaterials
- Helping clients protect their data and confidential business information
- Advising on impacts on legislative and regulatory developments, including drafting comments to proposed regulations and testifying on behalf of clients at public hearings
- Preparing CERCLA section 104(e) responses
- Negotiating administrative orders and consent decrees
- Defending and prosecuting contribution actions