California Green Chemistry Initiative and Safer Consumer Products Regulations
Safer Consumer Products Regulations
Ever at the cutting edge of environmental regulation, California has embarked on an ambitious and complex program, the Safer Consumer Product Regulations, which targets “chemicals of concern” in consumer products. Under this program, businesses must undertake “safer alternatives assessments” of their products under specified circumstances. Grimaldi Law Offices advises clients on the legal and business implications of this regulatory program.
California’s Green Chemistry Initiative
The California Green Chemistry Initiative (GCI) forms the public policy basis of AB 1879, the law that authorized the Safer Consumer Products Regulations. Grimaldi Law Offices founder Ann Grimaldi has been closely monitoring regulatory developments in this area since the passage of AB 1879 in 2008 and is a knowledgeable California green chemistry attorney.
Strategic Legal Services
Grimaldi Law Offices offers several services to assist clients with the Safer Consumer Products Regulations and the GCI, including:
- Counseling clients on the Safer Consumer Products Regulations
- Providing in-house training on the Safer Consumer Products Regulations
- Providing practical advice on data development and protecting confidential business information in agency submissions
- Guiding clients on how compliance with the Safer Consumer Products Regulations may affect potential liability under Proposition 65, product liability laws and other laws
- Providing practical advice on messaging appropriately to the audiences that will have access to publicly posted submissions
- Providing guidance on the policy and business implications of the GCI