Toxic Substances Control Act
Solve Your TSCA Challenges
Businesses that manufacture, import, distribute, process or use chemicals must comply with the federal Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA). Compliance with this law requires attention to detail and an appreciation of the law’s complexity and nuances. Even with the best efforts, sometimes problems unexpectedly arise: a vendor reveals that a mission-critical chemical is not on the TSCA Inventory List, or a chemical has moved from R&D to commercial use without sufficient internal company regulatory review, or no Section 12(b) notification was provided for an export.
Other Practice Areas
Here To Help
In these and other problematic situations, Grimaldi Law Offices founder Ann Grimaldi is an experienced and knowledgeable TSCA lawyer who helps her clients evaluate the circumstances, defines the legal and business issues, and assists her clients in implementing the best next steps. And when TSCA issues require technical expertise, Ms. Grimaldi works with outside scientific consultants to provide additional support.
Strategic Legal Services
Grimaldi Law Offices offers several TSCA services. If your company is in need of assistance, please contact us directly.
- Compliance counseling
- Designing TSCA compliance programs appropriate to clients’ operations and company cultures
- TSCA Training
- Evaluation and self-disclosure of potential TSCA violations to USEPA
- Supporting clients’ data development
- Advising on and supporting clients’ premanufacture notifications (PMN) and PMN exemption applications for challenging chemistries
- Drafting comments to proposed rulemakings
- Assessments of congressional TSCA modernization efforts and potential impacts on business operations